James here! I am horrible about keeping a journal and wanted to find a way that our family and children could see some of the many adventures we are experiencing. Karrah suggested that I become an author on her blog. So, I thought I'd give it a try!
On March 12th we found out that we matched into a Family Medicine residency program! For those unfamiliar with the process, you interview at numerous locations and then rank them from your top to bottom choice. The programs do this as well with the people they interviewed and the lists are submitted into a computer algorithm that finds the best "match". The way it works is after finding out IF you matched you have to wait 4 days to find out WHERE it is. On the 16th we found out we are going to Ocala, Florida. It was not our number 1 choice, but was very high on the list of 15 that we submitted.
The closer we get to moving down to Florida the more excited I am about this opportunity. If we had not matched into a location in Florida I'm not sure we would have ever moved there. And there is just so much there I am looking forward to experiencing!


No comments:
Post a Comment